Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. —Matthew 6:33
My God shall supply all your needs according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. —Philippians 4:19
Because we have been led by divine power to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ unto salvation, and to earnestly consecrate ourselves to His service, we now declare as we enter this church that we do adopt as our rule of life the following:
- Having been led, as we believe, by the Spirit of God to receive the Lord Jesus Christ as our Savior and on the profession of our faith, having been baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit we do now, in the presence of God, Angels, and this Assembly, most solemnly and joyfully enter into covenant with one another as one body in Christ. We engage, holiness and comfort; to promote its prosperity and spirituality; to sustain its worship, ordinances, discipline and doctrines.
- To contribute cheerfully and regularly to the support of the ministry, the expenses of the church, the relief of the poor, and the spread of the Gospel through all nations.
- We also engage to maintain family and secret devotion; to religiously educate our children; to seek the salvation of our kindred and acquaintances.
- To walk circumspectly in the world; to be just in all our dealings, faithful in our engagments, and exemplary in our deportment.
- To avoid all tattling, backbiting, and excessive anger; to abstain from the use of intoxicating drinks as a beverage and to be zealous in our efforts to advance the kingdom of our Savior.
- We further engage to watch over one another in brotherly love; to remember each other in sickness and distress.
- To cultivate Christian sympathy in feeling and courtesy in speech; to be slow to take offense, but always ready for reconciliation and mindful of the law of our Savior, to secure it without delay.
- We moreover engage that when we remove from this place, we will, as soon as possible unite with some other church where we can carry out the spirit of this Covenant, and the principles of God’s Word.
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible in its entirety to be inspired of God, in its original manuscripts, in a word for word manner. We believe it to be infallible and entirely accurate from its account of creation in Genesis 1:1 to Revelation 22:21 and the sole authority for the faith and practice of this church.
- We believe in God the Father, perfect in Holiness, infinite in wisdom, limitless in power. We believe that it is by His grace and love that He provided salvation for lost mankind who will believe on His Son as Savior.
- We believe in Jesus Christ, the Virgin born Son of God, conceived by the Holy Ghost, truly God and truly man, perfectly sinless in His life making atonement of Calvary’s cross for all, applicable to those who believe on Him as their Savior. Who by the power of God was raised bodily from the dead, ascended visibly to the throne on the Father, and there ever liveth to make intercession for us as our High Priest and only mediator between God and man. Who according to His promise will return for His church bodily, visible, and premillenially at which time the dead in Christ whall bodily rise from the grave in the first resurrection while those who are alive and remain are caught up together to meet Him in the air ever to be with the Lord.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit whose office it is to convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment. We believe He is the “other” Comforter promised by Jesus Christ our Lord before He went away, that He is a person as the Father and the Son justified by faith in Christ, seals them, keeps them, fills them, and that He is our sanctification, according I Peter 1:2 and II Thessalonians 2:13.
- We believe that all men by nature are sinners and are absolutely helpless in the matter of their salvation, but that to trust in the finished work of our Lord is to accomplish what they are unable to perform. Ephesians 2:8,9 We believe that without this trust in Christ as their personal Savior they are lost and will awaken in the second resurrection to eternal damnation, judged according to their works. We cannot condone a “social gospel” or any gospel foreign to the one once delievered to the saints in the Word of God.
- We believe that an eternal and burning hell is the final abode of lost mankind with Satan and his angels to accompany them there and to there remain throughout the further reaches of eternity without hope or relief.
- We believe in heaven as described in the scriptures and that the only inhabitants thereof will be the Trinity, all the redeemed, and the angles. We believe the extent of heaven’s existence is eternal, and that the redeemed will be there during all its existence.
- We believe the church is made up of all the redeemed, the living spiritual body of Christ. We believe the local church to be a body of baptized believers in Jesus Christ whose baptism is by immersion. We believe the local church to be completely sovereign in government, acknowledging no human authority over it but looking to the great Bishop ofthe church the Lord Jesus Christ for leadership. We believe that the complete independence of this church is necessary to right government. We believe the ordinances in the Bible are given to the local church to administer, namely baptism and the Lord’s supper.
- We believe in the reality and personality of Satan and his demons or fallen angels whose plan is to thwart God, Satan’s arch enemy, and accomplish the damnation of all humanity possible.
- We believe that the Bible teaches that there are both permanent and temporal gifts. The temporal or sign gifts including tongues, the interpretation of tongues and the gifts of healing were given by God to lend credibility to the establishment of the early church in and are not applicable to the work of the Holy Spirit today. 1 Corinthians 12:8-10, 28-30; 13:8-14.
- We believe that the bible specifically places man and woman in a Biblical, God commanded relationship. God instituted the marriage relationship between man and woman (Genesis 2:23,24; Ephesians 5:22-23) and the creation of the Biblical family. We believe it is totally against the command and teaching of the Word of God to in any way change or pervert this order. Thus, we must Biblically conclude that homosexuality and lesbianism and any other contra-Bible relationships are contrary to the Word of God and Romans 1:18-32; I Corinthians 6:9-10; Galatians 5:19-21.